Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tails from Home -- Sonya

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers,

It's our 18th day of 'tails from home'!  Please send in your 'tails from home' to nlgahounds@gmail.com too...help us continue with our 30 days! Today we are going to hear directly from another greyhound!  Enjoy!

Miss Sonya here; you know, the former escape artist? I found out that Snuggle Bunny is a way better job description than Escape Professional.

My mom was having a snow day and was working from home (HA), when we wrote this! I really don’t understand how humans don’t want more snow. I love, love, love me some snow. I especially like to run doggy Olympics around my housemate Bentley. He is fifteen, but he’s not one of us greythounds. He’s just a wannabe, who manages to be fun when not standing around looking confused. Well anyway, I was looking forward to going to my favorite department store to see my other Quarry buddies, but alas, humans…weather…nuff said. Darn it, I was so looking forward to having my nails trimmed and buffed NOT!




Ooh, speaking of NLGA events, my mom says that the Annual Meeting is coming up on May 3rd. She never takes me, so I don’t understand how she can have so much fun at the darn thing. She says there is some boring stuff, like financials, but that mostly it’s a lot of fun eating and socializing. How can it not be fun?

If she must leave me home, at least she comes back with what she calls “crack” for dog moms. What’s that? Why does Aunty Donna laugh every time my mom is shopping? Because “crack” for dog moms is “COLLARS FOR ME”! Mom says Aunty Donna is mean, and brings out more styles to look at while she cackles at what little restraint mom has, whatever that means. I love all my Aunties, so I don’t get why mom is so disgusted about the situation.



My mom let me adopt her when I was 2 ½; I’m going to be 7 in July, so I’ve had her for a while. I like going for walks, when mom isn’t dealing with a torn meniscus. I’ve been doing my wind sprints in the yard lately. I retired because I love tummy rubs on the couch way better than stupid human tricks trying to make me race. My other loves (beside mom) are my back yard with my digging garden, sun bathing, and my brother from another mother; and of course my mom. I hear her come into the garage with my carriage (she calls it a car), and start barking my fool head off. I just can’t wait until she comes in the door to greet my little pokey nose!

My favorite place to be scratched is that sweet spot on my sides; you know the, the indent between my tummy and hips. I’ll expect you to remember this next time you see me so don’t mess up.




Mom says I have to go take my nap now, because she has a conference call.

Bye for now; Miss Professional Bunny of SNUGS – Sonya Ann.


Thanks so much for sharing your 'tails' with us Sonya!

And, don't forget to RSVP for both Harriet Brewing on Saturday, April 20th, at 1pm (nlgahounds@gmail.com) and for NLGA's annual meeting on Friday, May 3rd, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment