Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tails from Home -- Raja

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers,

On this 21st day of our 30 days of 'tails from home', we will hear from Raj's family.  Well, actually, we will hear from Constatine again!  Enjoy!

Good day!  This is Constatine again and I am writing for Rajah as he truly is a Luddite and could not be bothered to learn to type.  And so I have taken the task of interviewing him for you good folks.


C: Rajah, Rajah, wake up dude you are on! 
R: Huh? What? Where am I? I was dreaming of rabbits and squirrels and stew. Oh my! And why did you wake me?
C: The good people of the blog want to know about your life since your retirement. 


R: Did they not read the Greyhound Retirement Manifesto??????
C: Rajah, there is no such thing as a Greyhound Retirement Manifesto!
R: Con, just because you never got one does not mean it does not exist.  It clearly does, and states: What is theirs is mine. (i.e. all couches, beds and floor spaces shall become property of the greyhound when they come to live with said owner.)
C: I think you have gone a bit around the bend my friend.


R: Contraire. Think about it.  They think they are training us but who is training who I say??? Who stands and waits for me by the back door in the winter so it is opened immediately after I am done doing my business? And who knows that I would rather have all 4 legs removed than go for a walk in the winter?  And who is trained to have the windows opened in the vehicle so I can stick my face out even if it is a gazillion degrees below zero, I say.  Who? Who but humans!  Yes, we shall rule again!  They shall carry us everywhere, as it should be, like they did back in the time of the kings when we were in our glory and truly ruled this world…!
C: Raj, dude, take it down a level!  I think you have been dreaming way too much about that Greyhound Manifesto!  And watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes has warped your mind. 


R: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
C: Rajah? RAJAH!!!!!!!!!!
R: Huh?  What?  I was being carried on the best divan to dinner… What??? Where????
C: You fell asleep again!


R: Oh, well, I do take my retirement seriously….
C: Where are you going?

[Rajah gets up from the couch and beings to wander across the living room.]

R: I have a California King Bed calling my name!  And some sleep to catch up on.  And some master planning to do for the Rise of the Hounds!!!  Have them wake me when dinner is ready… Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the …..


C: Well, there you have it!  A quick trip through the mind of Rajah… He really does take his retirement seriously… Oh, I must admit, he is a bit off the edge but I love him just the same.  Thanks for coming and sharing another day at our house.


Thanks so much for sharing Raja's 'tails' with us Constatine!  And Happy 5th Gottcha Day Raja!

If you have enjoyed reading all the 'tails' then please send in your 'tails' too...we still need six more 'tails' to finish out April!  And everyone who sends in a 'tail' will have it posted on the blog!  No need to sign-up or log in to anything...simply send an email to nlgahounds@gmail.com  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment