Friday, April 26, 2013

Tails from Home -- Gus

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

Happy 26th day of 'tails from home'!  We hope you have enjoyed reading all the tails thus far...a few more days to go to round out our 30 days!  Today we hear directly from Gus.  Enjoy!

Hi Folks! Gus here, reporting from the North Side! (What whaaaat!)



Life has been pretty sweet over here, I've gotta say. I turned 8 last week! Randy got me a steak…it had candles on it and everyone was excited, I had my picture taken and I shared my Birthday Steak with my best pal, Buddy. It was AWESOME. Then we snoozed for the rest of the night…BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER.



Gus and Buddy

For Christmas this year we got kitties! Buddy and I each got one…their names are Gin and Juice and they are brothers that were in foster care too! We're all doing pretty good sharing the couch and stuff…the kitties don't quite want to snuggle yet, but I am working' on it! I had my nose shoved right under a kitty belly the other night, so I think we'll be full-time snugglin' pals real soon. They are pretty good at, uh, "sharing" their food…they leave just a little tiny bit for me, and I manage to sometimes sneak my nose into their bowl if Randy isn't watching. Those kitty boys are funny…they like to lay on the couch in the sun all day just as much as I do! We share sunbeams!


Gus and Gin



My Aunt Mary wanted me to mention something about those awful stitchies I had a while back…I had a bump on my leg that Doctor Barr had to remove. Boy, what a day that was…it was all treats and hugs and snuggles and car rides and ear rubs and then WHAM! I woke up with stitches on my back leg and I had to wear my muzzle…thank DOG I have a tongue with extra-super-powers that can reach through the muzzle to lick…I got foiled by a guard inside the muzzle though! Dang those humans are smart with all those gadgets to keep us from licking our owwies…anyway…it's been 2 years and no more cancer bumps have come back, so YAY!!




We're all looking forward to Spring and warm weather so we can play outside. I've missed laying in the garden and being outside in the sun and chasing the squirrels…and Buddy has missed playing ball. We have cabin fever!



Oh, hey! I have my very own Facebook!! I'm not the best at keeping it updated, but if you want to be my friend, add me! My name is Gus Palmer, in Minneapolis, MN!



Love, Gus!

Thanks so much, Gus, for sharing your 'tails'!

No comments:

Post a Comment