Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tails from Home -- Leo

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

For today's 30 days of 'tails from home' we hear from Leo's family! Enjoy!

The day after I bought my first house was the day I mailed my adoption application to Northern Lights. I closed on my house in November and had my greyhound, Leo, in early December.

  
I’ve loved greyhounds since I was a kid and I always knew that as soon as I had my own home I’d have my own greyhound. Now I can’t imagine living without one.



Leo loves attention. Whenever someone comes to our house, Leo greets them by wagging his tail and leaning his body against their legs. He leans so hard that if someone were to step back he would probably fall over. We suspect he’s just trying to make it easier for our guest to pet him, since he assumes the guests are probably there to see him anyway.


Leo is an opportunistic snuggler. He has the ability to slide into any space that's big enough for his body, like a 75 pound Tetris block with fur.


He is quick to jump up on the couch when we’re watching a movie and several times during the winter, usually on the coldest nights, we awoke to find a greyhound strategically positioned at the foot of the bed between our legs. Neither my wife nor I have any idea how he managed to get up there without waking us.


Leo is a great dog. He’s even turned my wife, who has never been much of a dog person, into a greyhound fan (though she’d probably never admit it).


She complains that Leo is too big and that he’s always getting in the way, which I supposed there is some truth to, since on a couple occasions we’ve come home to find that he’s somehow managed to move his dog bed directly in front of the front door, blocking it and forcing us to go around back. But more than once I’ve overheard her talking to him, or come home to find her curled up on the couch with Leo reading a book, so I know how she really feels. It’s hard not to fall in love with such a sweet dog.


Thanks for sharing Leo's 'tails' with us!

We really need your help to continue with our 30 days of 'tails from home'!  Please send your 'tails' to nlgahounds@gmail.com  Your posts will determine our success!

No comments:

Post a Comment