Monday, April 15, 2013

Tails from Home -- Birthday Boy Kordell

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

Today we are celebrating a 13th birthday as part of our 'tails from home'! Today we hear from Kordell's family...Happy 13th birthday Kordell! Enjoy!



I met Kordell on May 7, 2009.  I was debating if I really wanted a second greyhound so I decided to foster and Kordell was available.  He was a return and from what I later learned, he had a pretty unstable life.  He had been adopted twice and fostered several times.  It did not take me long to decide both Sadie and I wanted him to stay.  Kordell was very quiet and reserved.  He did not show much interest in playing with toys.
 


But he really liked Sadie and being near her.  They were inseparable.

Kordell liked to lay so he was touching Sadie.  

Kordell's favorite thing to do is to go in the car.  He does not care if the car leaves the garage, he just likes to lay in it.  Kordell would spend hours in the back of the SUV while I cut the grass and do yard work.


Kordell has been so healthy all the time he has been with me that it is easy to forget he is as old as he is.  He spends most days now just laying around. He still gets excited for his walks although walk is not exactly what we do.  Kordell has to stop and smell and pee on every tree, fence post, bush, fire hydrant, utility pole, etc. I am so glad that Kordell came into my life. He is still fearful of somethings, reserved, stoic, and not a "cuddler" but I know my boy is happy and secure knowing he has a home for life.

Happy birthday my sweet boy!!


Thanks for sharing Kordell's 'tails' with us!  We hope you get something extra special for your 13th birthday Kordell!

No comments:

Post a Comment