Friday, August 16, 2013

Tails from Home -- Two Hounds and a Future Adopter!

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

This week a greyt story was shared with us!  A story that we are delighted to share again and again!  A story that gets right to the heart of the special animals that greyhounds are!  Enjoy!

True greyhound adoption inspirations!


I was so excited I wanted to share this story.

When I was a kid I always tried to convince my mom that we should adopt a greyhound. She never went for it because I think she thought they were too big or something.

Gracie looking pretty!

As an adult, the first thing I did when I bought my house was send in my application to NLGA. Now I have two amazing greyhounds named Leo and Gracie and when ever my wife and I go out of town and can't take them with us my mom watches them.

Leo waiting for a walk

It turns out my mom really enjoys having the dogs over. So much so that last week she asked to borrow "Adopting the Racing Greyhound" and "Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies." Then she filled out her application and mailed it this morning. I was really excited because I know how much she's going to love having her own greyhound and I know some lucky dog is going to get pampered and fawned over for the rest of its life.

How could anyone resist this!

I tried for years to tell my mom that greyhound were excellent pets, but it only took Leo and Gracie a few days to convince her.

Yup, won over!

Anybody else have good stories about people coming around to realize how amazing greyhounds are?

Jake (with Leo and Gracie)

[p.s. if anyone does have good stories, please share at nlgahounds@gmail.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment