Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

It's May Day, which means children in your neighborhood are likely to leave baskets full of flowers and treats at your door today! Traditions like this are fun for people, but how do your hounds feel about the sudden onslaught of mysterious baskets at the door? Or the constant ringing of the door chimes? From the perspective of a Greyt, today might as well be called "Doorbell Day!"






May Day
By Katie Gilstrap

The doorbell's ringing.
Kids are bringing
Baskets to the house.

Every time
I hear the chime
I cannot help but grouse,

For when I hear
The bell so clear,
It's resonance, so stark,

It startles me.
Instinctively,
I pace around and bark.

All day long,
The ceaseless song
Exasperates my ear.

I'm truly glad this
May Day madness
Comes just once a year!


No comments:

Post a Comment