Thursday, May 29, 2014

Grocery Day

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

Greyhounds are some of the sweetest creatures on Earth, but even the greytest of Greyts can have trouble resisting temptation every now and then...





Grocery Day
By Katie Gilstrap

I bring some bags of groceries home
And set them on the floor.
I go back to my car
So I can grab a handful more.

But as I'm headed up the drive,
I hear a raucous crash.
Could it be, my hound inside
Has found my grocery stash?

Hastily, I run indoors
And much to my dismay,
I see my bags of groceries
In a state of disarray:

The loaf of bread is shredded
And the chips have all been crunched.
The butter has been sampled
(Yet the spinach is untouched).

The jelly jar is broken.
There's a paw print in the flan.
The eggs are cracked and oozing,
And my block of cheese is GONE.

I peer down at my greyhound
As he hangs his head in shame.
Even though I want to shout
I know that I'm to blame.

Next time I'll know better
Than to leave down on the ground
Grocery bags that captivate
The interest of my hound!



No comments:

Post a Comment