Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cookout

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

Summertime is here, which means cookout season has officially begun! Does your greyhound like going to cookouts? This week's poem is all about the thrill of the grill from the perspective of a Greyt!





Cookout
By Katie Gilstrap

The sun is ablaze
And I'm catching some rays
On the deck with my two-legged chums.

They happily snack
On some chips from a sack
And I sure hope they leave me some crumbs!

Way up on the table,
I think I am able
To see some potatoes and Brie.

If I'm not mistaken,
I think I smell bacon!
I sure hope they toss some to me!

To add to the thrill,
They've put steaks on the grill!
Oh I sure hope those won't go to waste...

If I circle around
All this food that I've found
Then perhaps they will give me a taste!


No comments:

Post a Comment