Thursday, February 13, 2014

How Do I Love Greyts?

Just in time for Valentine's Day, this week's "Greyt Words to Wag By" is inspired by Elizabeth Barrett Browning's classic love poem entitled "How Do I Love Thee?"





How Do I Love Greyts?
By Katie Gilstrap

How do I love Greyts? Let me count the ways.
I love their depth and breadth and height.
I love their lanky legs.
I love the way they fill the air
With barks and grunts and yips.
I love the way they wag their tails
When Milkbones meet their lips.
I love the way they make me laugh.
I love their ideal grace.
I love the way they love to run.
I love the way they race.
I love the way that purity
Illuminates their eyes.
I love the way their loyalty
Exists in grand reprise.
I love them to the fullest
Of my heart's capacity.
And I will always love them
For as long as I shall be.


1 comment: