Friday, September 20, 2013

How to Teach a Greyhound Stairs!

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

What a heartwarming story we have to share today!  You are really going to like it!  Enjoy...!

Bay

"Bay had her stitches out last week (from her spay surgery) and I was thinking I should really teach her the stairs.


Today I was in the basement and heard Bill go, “Whoa!”  I turned around and there was Bay. She had come downstairs!  Apparently, Bree had come down and stood at the foot of the stairs.  Bay was at the top looking down.  Next thing we know, Bay is downstairs.

Enjoying the backyard.

I told Bill it would be a challenge to get her to go back up.  Bree ran upstairs, stood there, ran downstairs, and back up.  Bay put her foot on the first step, but that was as far as she’d go.  Bree came down and turned around and ran back up.  Bay stared up at Bree.  Bill took her front feet and put them both on the step, and then, TAA DAA....Bay slowly made her way upstairs.  It was a You Tube moment!

Touching paws!

I hugged Bree and Bay, and both went in and hit the sofa.  It was so funny to see Bree at the top of the steps, smiling with all teeth showing.  It was awesome to see the two of them silently communicate.  I’m glad I didn’t try to “teach” Bay to do stairs.  She did it in her own time. Bay and Bree Rock!"

Bay and Bree getting treats!

Can you only imagine witnessing this yourself?!  Melt. Your. Heart!  Greyt big hugs to both Bree and Bay for showing us some true greyhound love!

No comments:

Post a Comment