Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's My Birthday -- Tara

So today is my BIG day!

No, darlings, I may be a gorgeous show girl at heart but every good performer knows when to leave them wanting more and become a mysterious legend like Greta Garbo......  No my dears today is my first birthday in my forever home.... Well, technically, I am not at home somehow mom and dad forgot that it was my birthday and scheduled themselves a trip to NYC and left me and Scooter in the divine care of Mary and Mark.



Not that I am complaining mind you, but really who would have been better qualified for a trip to New York but a retired gal like moi? I mean Time Square, the Bowery, Harlem jazz and of course the bright lights of Broadway were really all calling my name..... Tara, Tara, Tara....I can hear it all now much like the crowds outside the Casa Rosada calling for Eva Perron, although my life somehow seems a bit better played than hers. Anyway I digress.


Well, I was just pretending to sleep and overheard M and M discussing my birthday and it is going to be so exciting because there are going to be fireworks! They could not do it the day of my birthday but the day after they are going to have a humongous fireworks display downtown to let everyone know it is my celebration. Oh how I do like to be remembered by my public.


Although I think a cake would have been most satisfactory. I mean I don't need a fur coat for heavens sake. On that line of thought maybe mom and dad will bring me back a diamond studded collar kind of like Vicky's not so secret diamond studded bra but different....


Oh so much excitement how I shall ever sleep the next couple days one does wonder. Well dears, I must go and get ready for my close up.

Hugs and Licks
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment