Tuesday, July 14, 2015

PLAYfully Yours... Life as a Baby Brother!

It's been two whole months since I came home to my new family and it sure didn't take me long to discover how much FUN being the baby of the family can be! My Day (he's my big brother) says I get away with too many things because I'm the baby but I just say I'm having lots and lots of fun!

Right away I discovered how much fun it is to figure out which toys are my Days absolute favourites so I can take them from him and hoard them... I usually don't sleep in my kennel but sometimes I do like to take quick naps cozied in with all the toys I 'collect' from my Day.




I really like that Mama always has a quilt on the couch for each of us to lay on. I especially like being the one to hop on up first, so I get to stretch out nice and long across BOTH quilts; I don't think my Day minds because technically... it looks like he prefers the middle too.....


I have to say it, I seriously found myself the GREATEST napping spot EVERRR... Mama tells me that the pool table is 'not an appropriate place to slee-eeep' but boy, have I proved her WRONG! It's okay though, 'cause I'm the baby and she just can't say no to me.


Sometimes, when my Day and I are outside, we play really, really fast and we get really, really ca-razzayyy and it's all just SOOOO much fun!!!


And sometimes when we play outside and my Day is just full of moodiness... who knows why, he just gets like that.....


I like it when we get to have our nap-asans out in the screen room... but apparently I don't even do that properly according to my Day.


I really love it when we go to our camp and have our fun nature-hikes!


After our hikes, we're usually both really tired... but sometimes my Day even gets a little cranky, too and he snarks at me, for like... no reason!!


And sometimes at camp, my Day doesn't let me sleep... this is the only un-fun time I've had because big brothers can just be so mean.....



At least Mama tells me nice stories so I can have sweet-sleepies... I like Mamas stories better.


Did I mention that I got to celebrate my very first Canada Day ever... as a Canadian?!! We had so much fun and even got to wear our special bandanas from our Gramma!


It was apparently a little too long of a celebration day for cranky-pants big brother, though.....


Another thing I love... is napping with my Day. But I learned really quickly that he does NOT like to be touched while he's sleeping... I'm doing my best to change that, though!


Sometimes I have to nap on my own when my Day gets too annoyed with me... I'll be honest, it's a little hurtful but at least I always have my blankie to cuddle in tight when my Day gets too snippy.....


All in all... I think I'm getting a pretty good handle on life as the baby of my family and I'm clearly becoming an expert in discovering all the ways to keep everyone on their toes!



.

1 comment:

  1. When parents bring home a new baby, the older sibling is at first dubious of the new baby's existence. When the hard evidence is presented to the toddler, the older sibling will summarily reject the newborn and treat it with disdain. For as long as the toddler has been alive, he had been the center of the world. Loving parents, and all the toys he can handle. Here is the baby, a direct threat to the small and fragile world of the toddler, a baby brother.
    yunnan baiyao capsules

    ReplyDelete