Thursday, April 2, 2015

Revenge of the Easter Bunny

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

The bunny is coming! The bunny is coming! (The Easter Bunny, that is!) Will your hounds think he's the same bunny they met on the track? This week's poem is all about the Easter Bunny from the perspective of a Greyt!






Revenge of the Easter Bunny
By Katie Gilstrap

I will not hunt for Easter eggs.
I'd rather find the bunny!
All my life I've chased him,
So I think it's kind of funny
That he's come into MY yard
And he's littered it with treats
That humans can enjoy
But that us greyhounds cannot eat.
I guess it's his revenge -
Some sort of devious attack
For all the years I chased him
Up and down the racing track.
That sneaky little rabbit
Always seems to get away,
But maybe if I'm lucky,
I will capture him someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment