Thursday, December 4, 2014

There's a Tree in the House

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

The holiday season is officially here, which means many of our homes are freshly decorated with seasonal trimmings. Has your greyhound discovered the Christmas tree yet? This week's poem is all about the concept of Christmas trees from the perspective of a Greyt!





There's a Tree in the House
By Katie Gilstrap

There's a tree in the house
And I'm not really sure,
But I think it's a Balsam
Or maybe a Fir.

Its needles are prickly,
Its branches are wide.
So why did my folks
Bring this sapling inside?

Why did they drape it with
Ribbons that shimmer?
Why did they trim it with
Baubles that glimmer?

Why is it here
On the living room floor?
Is it a statement?
Or maybe decor?

Perhaps it's a present
They're giving to me!
It's just what I wanted:
A new place to pee!


No comments:

Post a Comment