Thursday, August 28, 2014

I'm a Greyhound! Who are you?

Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers!

Does your greyhound like to socialize? The upcoming picnic on September 13th will be a wonderful opportunity for your hound to meet and mingle with some fellow Greyts!

This week's poem, inspired by Emily Dickinson's "I'm Nobody! Who Are You?", celebrates the concept of meeting new friends from the perspective of a Greyt!





I'm a Greyhound! Who are you?
By Katie Gilstrap

I'm a greyhound! Who are you?
Are you a greyhound too?
You have the strength
And facial length
Like other greyhounds do.

Your legs are nimble, long and tall.
Your feet are quick are small.
You're just like me,
So you must be
A greyhound after all!

I'm a greyhound! You're a greyhound!
Let's go run around!
We'll romp and play
And seize the day
With life and love abound!


No comments:

Post a Comment