Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ask Max -- Favorite Toys


Hello NLGA Dog Blog Readers…it’s Max again!

I got an email yesterday from a fellow Dog Blog reader asking me what some of my favorite toys are.  I figured this would be a great topic for a blog post!

Max with "Lucky"
I currently have two favorite toys.  I got my stuffed bone on my very first day of retirement.  I named it Lucky!  It’s soft.  It squeaks.  And it is perfect to throw in the air and pounce on!  

Max napping with "kitty"












My other favorite is a big striped orange kitty.  The kitty is just so nice to take a nap with!  It is just the right size for me to really give it a good shaking once in a while too. 

Killian with her yellow chick

I also asked my sister, Killian, about her favorite toys.  She had to dig into the archives to get me a couple pictures of some of them since not all are still around.  Her all time favorite toy is the big yellow chick.  She says the day she picked it out at the store she carried it all the way out to the car!

Killian playing Duck, Duck, Goose!


She also had two ducks and a goose that she really liked to play with.  Duck.  Duck.  Goose!  Or, for you Minnesotans…Duck, Duck, Grey Duck!?!  

Can you spot Killian?


Anyway, Killian is responsible for collecting most of the toys we currently have.  You could say she was a spoiled ‘only greyhound’ for a while!  Ah...who are we trying to kid, she is still spoiled!




I asked foster sister Ann what her favorite toys were too.  

She really, really likes the pink stuffed bone.  Killian got it on a trip to the store after Valentine’s day; Ann took it and played with it for about 37 seconds before she ripped the squeaker out.  


Ann surrounded by toys
Ann's favorite toy


Needless to say, Ann’s favorite toy does not live in the toy box.  It’s usually on a high up shelf and only comes down in short spurts when someone is closely watching to make sure she does not eat all the stuffing out of it!  


It does not really seem to bother Ann that her favorite toy is not in the basket.  She plays with ALL the toys! 


Between Ann and me, we take every single toy out of the toy basket every single day.  And I don’t know how it happens, but every morning all the toys are right back in the basket!  It truly is baffling!


So, Dog Blog Readers…send me a picture of you with your favorite toy!  Send your picture, along with your name and a description of your favorite toy, to nlgahounds@gmail.com  I will collect all the pictures for a follow up post in about a week!

Until next time,
~Max

No comments:

Post a Comment